This lesson is suitable for groups of 3 - 10 people where you are booking as a group, that means one person in the group makes the booking.
This lesson is suitable for
- schools who can project me on to a screen in their classroom (please ensure good audio quality).
- companies who can project me on to a screen in an office. (please ensure good audio quality).
- study groups: you can either all be in the same room or connecting from different computers, but please make the booking as one group.
Discussion: Choose a topic from here or here and I will lead a discussion on the topic, asking questions and helping each person develop their points. I will add material to stimulate discussion.
Read and discuss: I provide a news article with a worksheet to check comprehension, teach new vocabulary and explain any difficult grammar. Finally, we have a discussion.
Listen and discuss: I play a clip from a podcast, radio show or other audio material. Together we do a worksheet to check comprehension, teach new vocabulary and explain any difficult grammar. Finally, we have a discussion.
Watch and discuss: I play a video clip from a movie, advert or other video-based material. Together we do a worksheet to check comprehension, teach new vocabulary and explain any difficult grammar. Finally, we have a discussion.
Schools and study groups
- Heads up game: This is a warm-up game. It stimulates listening skills, improves vocabulary, descriptive language and question-forming.
Brainstorming: This is a warm up game that leads to a conversation style-lesson. We choose a topic for example food. Brainstorm twenty words to do with food, trying to get a good variety of words, phrases and verbs. Then we work on developing a few more sentences about each word. Eg. Eggs - they come from chickens. Ducks also lay them. You can scramble, fry and boil them. This is fun and creative for kids.
- Grammar focus: Something the students are studying or finding difficult at the moment: verb tenses, prepositions, linking words. Please let me know in advance.
- Co-ordinate with whatever the class is studying at the moment: Let me know what you are working on at the moment and I will develop it.
- Storytelling: this is one of the most fun lessons. I will tell a story that the students will listen to. I have a library of online books. I will explain new vocab and phrases along the way, and I will ask questions to check understanding and stimulate engagement. We can also do it the other way about, where the students tell me their stories. This will include preparation from the students in writing their stories, then telling them in class. They can also send them to me for written corrections.
- Q&A: Students prepare questions about a certain topic they have just studied, and I will do my best to answer them. It would help if they could send the questions in advance. For example if the topic is geography
- What is the name of the longest river in the world?
- What is the capital of Spain?
- Culture lesson: I will do a presentation about Ireland including pictures and videos, answer any questions students have and tell an Irish fairytale.
Cancellations and rescheduling
When you make a booking you will receive a confirmation email like this. Please note at the bottom of the email there is a link that enables to cancel and reschedule .
Cancellations - You can cancel your lesson up to 24 hours before the lesson time and receive a full refund. When you book, you will receive a link that leads you to the cancellation button.
Cancellations within 24 hours of the lesson cannot be refunded.
Rescheduling - You can reschedule your lesson up to 24 hours before the lesson time. When you book, you will receive a link that leads you to the calendar to reschedule.
Rescheduling cannot be done within 24 hours of the lesson.